These are typical examples of search results, demonstrating what is possible from those starting points:
Note that I will not put any examples here which identify any living person.
- Townsend - A boy who ran away from home and changed his name - his descendants did not know his original name, but knew a lot about his family (approximate dates and places, names of siblings, father's occupation, mother died young, etc.).
- Whitelaw - A rural family from East Lothian - the descendants had a birth certificate.
- Smith - Tracing the descendants of John Smith born 1881
- Stewart - Another boy who changed his name
- Russell - Tracing the parents of a woman who died before 1855
- Golden Square - Tracing the history of a house
Back to Fiona's Finding Service