Curriculum Vitae of Fiona Sinclair
- Sinclair, F.M.; "Blade interference in vertical axis wind energy machines", M.Sc. Thesis, Imperial College, 1982.
- Brendling, W.J. & Sinclair, F.M.; "Catenary mooring analysis", NMI Ltd. Tech. Memo. No. 103, 1983.
- Sinclair, F.M. & Clayton, B.R.; "The use of wind energy devices as ship stabilisers", Proc. 10th BWEA Conference, London, 1988, p. 269 - 276.
- Clayton, B.R. & Sinclair, F.M.; "Motion damping of ships fitted with marine aerofoils", Trans. RINA Vol. 131, 1989, p. 121 - 133.
- Sinclair, F.M. & Clayton, B.R.; "The effects of wave loading on offshore wind turbines", Proc. EWEA Conf, Glasgow, 1989, p.1058-1063.
- Clayton, B.R. & Sinclair, F.M.; "A comparison of the effectiveness of aerodynamic and hydrodynamic roll stabilisation methods, Trans. RINA, Vol. 132, 1990, p. 339 - 348.
- Sinclair, F.M. & Clayton, B.R.; "Excitation and damping forces on offshore wind turbines", Wind Eng. Vol. 13, No. 6, 1989, p.276-292.
- Shuttleworth, E.P. & Sinclair, F.M.; "Offshore topside integrated deck structures -the benefits of using Structural Hollow Sections", SCI Publication 107, 1990
- Sinclair, F.M.; "Aerodynamic stability", AYRS No. 106, 1990, p.15-22.
- "Development of a PC version of BAGPUS - Final Report", BOMEL 235/90
- Sinclair, F.M.; "Motion damping characteristics of wind energy devices", Ph.D. Thesis, University College London, 1991.
- South Morecambe Enhancement Project. "Detailed design of CPP1 structural reinforcement. Analytical report - deck structures" and "Quality assurance document".
- "SNS Housings Redesign - In-place analysis of Sean SSIV Housing", Billington Osborne-Moss Engineering Ltd. Report C5850R06.02, Oct. 1991
- "Aerodynamic damping on offshore installations - a comparison of experimental results with theory", 1st Conf. Wind Engineering Society, Cambridge, 1992
- "Verification of the Europipe Jacket", Billington Osborne-Moss Engineering Ltd. Reports C601R005.05/11/12/13, Nov. 92 - Feb 93.
- "Motion damping of marine aerofoils - a comparison of experimental measurements with theory", Trans RINA 135, 1993, p. 93 - 104
- "External Pressure Vessel Concept", Reports and User Manuals, Billington Osborne-Moss Engineering Ltd. Report C533R001/2/3, March 1993
- BP Exploration - Atlantic Frontier - Dropped Object Analysis. Noble Denton Report No. L17154/NDE, 1994
- BP Exploration - Atlantic Frontier - Subsea configuration. Noble Denton Report No. L17189/NDE, 1994
- User Manual for Program PiRis (Pipe and Riser Stress analysis), Sept 1994
- Europe-Maghreb Pipeline project, "Stress analysis during pipelaying", Noble Denton report No. L17287, Nov. 1994
- BP Exploration - Atlantic Frontier - Broken mooring cable study, Noble Denton Report No. L17313, 1994
- Birkby, P, Sinclair, F.M., Savill, A.M., Cant, R.S., Dawes, W.N.: 'The use of an unstructured adaptive mesh code to perform resolved obstacle computations for confined explosion hazards",' Proceedings NEL/NAFEMS Conference on CFD industrial case studies with offshore applications, Aberdeen, 1997
- Savill, A.M., Birkby, P., Cant, R.S., Dawes, W.N., Sinclair, F.M.: Poster paper for Combustion Science at the end of the Millenium, Conference in honour of Prof. John Clarke, Cambridge, 1997.
- Birkby, P, Sinclair, F.M., Cant, R.S., Savill, A.M., Dawes, W.N., Baraldi, D. and Bray, K.N.C.: "Comparisons between resolved and unresolved predictions for the Solvex box, vented channel, Troll wellhead and SCI cases with implications for PDR modelling." Report on Shell contract, 1997
- Sinclair et. al, "Numerical flow visualisation using results from an unstructured adaptive mesh", 8th International Symposium on Flow Visualisation, 1998.
- Sinclair et al., "Flow visualisation and animation using results from flow analyses", 17th Eurographics Conference, 1999
- Sinclair, F.M.: "Analysis of worldwide climate and weather databases to identify appropriate locations to site a dynamically positioned weather buoy", Heriot-Watt, 2002
- Sinclair, F.M.: "Design of an autonomous dynamically positioned floating structure to be powered by renewable energy", Heriot-Watt, 2002
- Sinclair, F.M.:"Thames AR Platform - Redundancy and Natural Frequency Analyses", Atkins Report Number 5024094/09, Oct 2004
- Sinclair, F.M.:"Kittiwake - Verification of Structural Integrity Model", Atkins Report 5020281/151, Dec 2004
- Sinclair, F.M.:"Beryl RAT Multiple Severance Study", Atkins Report Number 5021936/53, Jan 2005
Publications on the WWW:
CV | Experience