The estates of Hastigrow and Seater are in the parish of Bower.
The lands of Hastigrow belonged, in 1582, to William Bruce, then of Stanstill, and they must have belonged also to his father, David, first of Stanstill, for William obtained a precept as heir to his father.
In 1604, Hastigrow was in possession of John Bruce, (Charter by E. of C., 9th June 1604) who probably was John, the brother of William. John had a son, David.
DAVID BRUCE OF HASTIGROW AND SEATER was served heir to his father in 1607 (Precept, 11th August 1607) and had a son, Magnus.
MAGNUS BRUCE OF HASTIGROW AND SEATER was served heir to his father, (Sasine on Disposition by his father, 1657) and had two sons: -