Curriculum Vitae of Fiona Sinclair - page 1
Full name: Fiona Mary Sinclair (Dr.)
Current address: 35D St Clair Street, Aberdeen, AB24 5AL, UK
Telephone: 01224 620519
Email: e-mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Current full driving licence
Current Offshore Survival Certificate
Qualifications and Professional memberships:
B.Sc., A.R.C.S., M.Sc., D.I.C., Ph.D., C.Eng, M.R.I.N.A., M.I.Mar.E., F.E.A.N.I.
Member of Council of RINA, 1990-92
- 1971-1978: Thames Valley Grammar School, Twickenham, Middx.
- 10 O'levels, 3 A'levels.
- 1978-1981: Imperial College of Science & Technology, London.
- B.Sc. in Mathematics (1981). Specialising in applied maths and fluid mechanics.
- 1981-1982: Imperial College of Science & Technology, London.
- M.Sc. in Aerodynamics, Fluid and Structural Mechanics (1982).
- Engineering Council Part 2 exams (1986):
- Fluid mechanics, Mechanics of solids, Structural analysis, Materials, Mathematics.
- 1986-1989: University College, London.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering (1991),
Thesis: Motion damping characteristics of wind energy devices.
Professional Experience and Technical Skills:
- Research, development and consultancy in hydrodynamics, aerodynamics; and structural engineering
- Software development, including:
- Languages: Fortran (25 years), Matlab (4 years), Java (6 years), HTML (7 years), VRML (3 years), also C++, Basic and various other languages as required
- Various platforms & operating systems including UNIX, DOS, several types of Windows, Linux, VAX/VMS.
- Applications: can handle any spreadsheet, database, word processor, finite element or CFD application (given a user manual), as they tend to be similar. Includes MS Office.
- Translating code between languages and data between application formats, including writing interfaces
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (various codes - all are fairly similar)
- Finite element analysis (various codes - all are fairly similar) including ABAQUS
- Mesh generation (particularly for FE and CFD)
- Technical report and paper preparation and presentation
- Structural analysis/reassessment and code checking (to BSI/API/AISC/NPD/DNV etc.)
- Training / teaching of colleagues and students
- Laboratory testing - wind tunnel, wave basin, structures laboratory
Professional Experience (link)